Alycia Wright, M.Ed. is a former public teacher of ten plus years turned homeschooling mother of the last 7 years.
With regards to other areas of work, she serves as National Director of Radical Inclusion for Together We Will USA and is a founding member of Together We Will RVA. Alycia serves a local youth mentor for Envision, Lead, Grow, whose goal is end poverty by introducing girls to entrepreneurship. Lastly, Alycia teaches a variety of African-American /US history classes both in person and online. She also does a great deal of community activism workshops & creating community partnerships for youth in Central Virginia.
You can contact Alycia at Alyciawright@gmail.com.
Alycia's Class List
|Date||Class||Age Level||Class Type||Teacher||Price||Availability||Live Meetings|
|April 26 - May 10, 2023||Flight||Science||7-11||elementary||Live||live||Blair Lee, M.S.||blee||$80||Space Available||open||Wednesday 4/26, 5/3, 5/10 at 10am PST|
|April 27 - May 11||The Periodic Table||Science||6-10||Elementary||Live||live||Blair Lee M.S.||blee||$80||Space Avaliable||open||Thursday|
is to be welcomed and every pain avoided.
We have thoroughly enjoyed ancient history with Sam Matalone Cook and would love to continue following the history courses under her instruction. Michelle’s writing workshop was a welcomed addition to our semester and the ease of adding on a quick workshop to the semester was appreciated. I do wish that I could take classes, too. The great selection makes me jealous; Fairy Tales and Feminism would be so incredible to join in and to learn with Sam! And the LGBTQ+ history and US courses! Blair’s enthusiasm for science comes across strongly and is encouraging for the young learners. So many great classes- so little time.
Sheila and Elisa
From homeschooling parent classes to learn how to best guide our learners to outsourcing subject classes with passionate teachers, SEA Online Classes have been a vital part of our homeschooling journey. I am so grateful for the variety of subjects offered and for the wonderful team making it all happen. We are happy to support SEA online classes, where we hope to be learning for years to come! Outsourcing some of our subjects has been a positive change to our homeschooling curriculum. It has allowed myself and children to stay on target this year and I’m very appreciative of the teachers and this forum for our learning. Sheila
SEA online classes have a way about them that ENCOURAGES my child in a way that I know that EVERY instructor will bring my child to life, and empower my child to work harder as she WANTS to do her best. I never worry about a teacher who shames or uses cohesion in class. That is a gift! SEA has teachers of very high character and professionalism.
Biology 2 has been a well structured class. The course content and materials cover the subject well and the weekly meetings have been welcomed for continuity. Blair’s enthusiasm for the subject comes across strongly and is encouraging for the young learners. Sheila and Elisa
Families will receive a full refund if they withdraw up to one week before the class begins. After that time, but no later than the second class, a 50% refund will be given. It is important to note that the class has a limited number of slots and once the class begins, it is extremely difficult to then fill that space. (Note: Refunds made more than 30 days from purchase date will be docked a 15% administrative processing fee.)
- Mute microphones if there is excessive background noise
- If we are in a large class, you may have to use the “raise hand” feature before speaking
- No mean-spirited comments in discussion boards (disagreements should be handled respectfully)
- Students must wear clothing when on camera
- No flooding the chat with off-topic content
- No name calling, bullying, or unwanted private messaging
- No sharing contact information with other students without parent permission
- No disruptive behavior that distracts other learners (such as constantly changing background screen, changing screen name to something silly, making faces at the camera, etc.)
- Disable particular functions of the online classroom (for example, turn off private chat, manually mute microphones, turn off a video feed)
- Privately reach out to students to ask them to stop the behavior during class
- Reach out to students and their families to brainstorm a solution to a behavioral issue outside of class
- Require a parent/guardian to be present during live sessions in the event of repeat behavioral violations
- Remove a student from live sessions but allow them to continue in the rest of the course and send recordings
- Remove a student from the class
Get in touch with Alycia